Monday, April 19, 2010

Metrics

One of the measures I'm most concerned about is whether the business objective is really achieveable with the chosen target. $21 million is a lot to raise. The nature of the big picture forces prioritization and narrowing in on goals but I am concerned that we are leaving a lot of potential donors out. Although we're only required to do one TA description for this class, the obvious first solution is to add segments/targets that somehow incorporate "willingness to pay." At any rate, one of the key measures we really need is some wealth indicator analysis on the our list of prospective donors. The University regularly purchases this data from a 3rd party so I think it's a matter of iniating a project to really dig in and analyze it. I imagine that the business objective might be revised after this review -- at least the $ number but I'm not sure much else would change in the big picture. A second question I'd really like to explore in more detail and in a more data driven way is is there a way to get interest from non-alumnae donors.

No comments:

Post a Comment